The field of health care and medicinal science is so large now, that most people can’t even grasp it as a concept anymore. That said, all the tiny elements within the health care industry, from bandage fabric makers to cancer researchers, come together to create better health care outcomes for people all over the world. Additionally, most of those tiny elements are related to each other. For instance, endoscopic tools have to be properly sanitized, and this is an element where endoscopic professionals, tool manufacturers, and sterile solution developers come together. One of the best sterile solutions developers out there is CIDEX OPA, and they have played a huge part in improving health care as a whole.
CIDEX introduced their popular CIDEX OPA solution in 1999. Since then, thousands of clinics, health care facilities, and hospitals all over the world have used the solution on a daily basis to ensure their flexible endoscopes are sterilized and disinfected to the highest possible standards. In fact, CIDEX OPA is also used on different types of medical devices. Some of the things that stand out about the solution include:
- It is effective, disinfecting tools to the highest standard in just five minutes at 25 degrees.
- It is fast acting, meaning that instruments can be processed and reused very quickly.
- Its effects last for a very long time. If monitored with the proper test strips, also made by CIDEX, it can be reused for as long as 14 days.
- It is very easy to use and has almost no odor. There is also no need for mixing or activating the solution.
- It is completely safe to use for all health care professionals because it has a low vapor pressure. As a result, inhalation exposure risk is minimal. Additionally, because it is ready to use, very little handling is required.
The solution itself has been proven to protect against a broad spectrum of fungi, viruses, mycobacteria, and bacteria. Additionally, it is fully compatible with a range of materials, which means it can be used in order to disinfect a variety of different medical instruments, whether they are made of dental materials, elastomers, plastics, stainless steel, copper, brass, or aluminum.
The product is easy to use, very convenient, and high level. Hospitals the world over trust the brand because they know how well it works, while remaining affordable at the same time.
The Proof Is in the Research
CIDEX OPA has gone through numerous rigorous tests to show that it works the way it should. This includes:
- Efficacy, as it can disinfect an endoscope in as little as five minutes at 25 degrees, or 12 minutes at 20 degrees for manual reprocessing.
- Safety, as it does not have to be mixed or activated, meaning works are not exposed to irritation, odors, or fumes.
- Value, as CIDEX has focused on delivering affordable solutions across the board.
What Does CIDEX OPA Kill?
The spectrum of kill for CIDEX OPA is truly impressive and includes:
- Type B-3 Coxsackievirus
- Type 1 Poliovirus
- Type 2 Adenovirus
- Wyeth vaccinia
- Type 42 Rhinovirus
- Type 1 and 2 herpes simplex
- Influenza virus
- Salmonella cholerasuis
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Mycobacterium bovix
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes
Furthermore, the solution is compatible with almost all metals, plastics, and elastomers.