Family planning allows individuals and couples to anticipate and attain their desired number of children and the spacing and timing of their births. It is achieved through use of contraceptive methods and the treatment of involuntary infertility. A woman’s ability to space and limit her pregnancies has a direct impact on her health and well-being as well as on the outcome of each pregnancy.
A condom is a thin latex or polyurethane sheath. The male condom is placed around the erect penis. The female condom is placed inside the vagina before intercourse. A condom must be worn at all times during intercourse to prevent pregnancy. Condoms can be bought in most drug and grocery stores. Some family planning clinics offer free condoms. You do not need a prescription to get condoms.
Vaginal contraceptive sponges are soft, and contain a chemical that kills or disables sperm. The sponge is moistened and inserted into the vagina, to cover over the cervix before intercourse. The vaginal sponge can be bought at your pharmacy without a prescription.
The Cervical cap is a barrier contraceptive method, which is a soft rubber cup like device that fits snuggly around the base of the cervix. This cap is used with spermicide for prolonged and additional pregnancy prevention.
Advantages of the cervical cap
- The advantages of the cervical cap are mentioned as follows. The Cervical Cap results in various advantages for you as it is,
Simple to use.
- No serious side effects.
- Does not require partner involvement.
- Good for persons who do not have sex on a regular basis.
- May decrease risks of some sexually transmitted diseases.
- Provides contraceptive protection for up to 48 hours, no matter how many times
- lovemaking occurs.
- Does not interrupt lovemaking.
- Does not interfere with breast-feeding.
Read out and get to know these things to hold on your pregnancy.